This almond coconut curry is super quick and easy and tastes great too! It boasts nutritious vegetables along with healthy fats and a good calorie count.
For The Curry
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 60 g almond butter ((100% ground almonds))
- 0.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 0.5 tbsp curry powder
For The Veges
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cups mushrooms
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cups brocolli ((chopped into florets))
For The Curry Mixture
- Put the coconut milk, almond butter, tomato paste and curry powder in a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the curry mixture to a saucepan on low-medium heat and heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
For The Veges
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat and add the broccoli and mushrooms. Fry for about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and heat for another minute.
- Serve the veges in a bowl with the curry mixture poured over the top.
You can make the almond butter by grinding almonds in a food processor. There’s a great tutorial here: http://detoxinista.com/2012/09/homemade-almond-butter/
The curry mixture separates if left to sit in the fridge for a while, so be sure to stir it thoroughly before using if you have stored it in the fridge.
Nutritional Information (One Serving):
Calories: 406.4, Fats: 36.4g, Protein: 11.2g, Net Carbs: 10.1g
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 406.4
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0