Almond Coconut Curry on Veges
This almond coconut curry is super quick and easy and tastes great too! It boasts nutritious vegetables along with healthy fats and a good calorie count.
For the curry
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 125 g almond butter (100% ground almonds)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp curry powder
For the veges
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups brocolli (chopped into florets)
For the curry mixture
- Put the coconut milk, almond butter, tomato paste and curry powder in a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the curry mixture to a saucepan on low-medium heat and heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
For the veges
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat and add the broccoli and mushrooms. Fry for about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and heat for another minute.
- Serve the veges in a bowl with the curry mixture poured over the top.
NotesYou can make the almond butter by grinding almonds in a food processor. There's a great tutorial here: http://detoxinista.com/2012/09/homemade-almond-butter/ The curry mixture separates if left to sit in the fridge for a while, so be sure to stir it thoroughly before using if you have stored it in the fridge. Nutrition Facts:
Calories: 439, Fats: 40g, Protein: 12g, Net Carbs: 10g