Curry Tofu Scramble with Avocado
This tofu scramble is a fantastic low carb vegan way to start the morning, with plenty of nutrients and adequate calories to give you energy for the day ahead.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g tofu (extra firm)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- cilantro (optional)(to garnish)
- 300 gram avocado
- The first step is to dry the tofu so it absorbs the flavor. Cut the tofu into 1 inch long strips, lay out the strips on a paper towel, place another paper towel on top and then a chopping board. Place something heavy on top of this such as some books. Leave it to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and crumble the tofu into the pan with your hands. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the turmeric, nutritional yeast and curry powder and 1 tbsp of the olive oil, mix and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the olive oil, zucchini, mushroom and tomato and fry for a further 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Serve with 1 small-medium size avocado (approximately 100g) sliced.
NotesThis recipe can be stored in the fridge for a few days. Nutritional Information:
Calories: 380, Fats: 31g, Protein: 12g, Net Carbs: 7g