Keto Chocolate Protein Shake
This drink is a staple for a vegan keto diet. There are 3 variants designed to provide control over how many calories you're consuming without increasing net carbs. You can choose to add no coconut oil, 1/8 cup coconut oil or 1/4 cup coconut oil. With 1/4 cup coconut oil the smoothie provides 31g of protein and 670 calories, many of which come from medium chain triglycerides which are fats that are easily metabolized by the body for energy. Depending on your calorie requirements you can adjust the amount of coconut oil in this drink.
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Scoops Garden of Life Chocolate Protein Powder (Sport)
- A few ice cubes
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup coconut oil
- A few cubes coffee ice
- Pour almond milk into a blender along with 2 scoops of the protein powder and a few ice cubes.
- If you are using coconut oil, put it in a separate glass jar and microwave for 45 seconds or until liquefied.
- Turn the blender on and blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- Now while the mixture is still blending, slowly pour the coconut oil into the mixture. It should take about 10 seconds to pour all the coconut oil. This is very important to allow the coconut oil to fully mix into the smoothie and avoid clumping or other unpleasant texture effects.
- Drinks straight away, or put in the fridge for tomorrow!
Turn this into a mocha shake
- To make this a mocha shake, simply make a cup of black coffee before hand, pour it into an icecube tray and freeze it. Add these ice cubes instead of regular ones to add a nice coffee flavor. Use decaf if you want!
NotesThis smoothie is a staple in the diet. We've included nutritional information for the no coconut oil, 1/8 cup and 1/4 cup coconut oil variants. Adjust it to your requirements! Nutritional Information:
Calories: 200, Fats: 5.5g, Protein: 31g, Net Carbs: 3g Nutritional Information with 1/8 Cup Coconut Oil:
Calories: 425, Fats: 32.8g, Protein: 31g, Net Carbs: 3g Nutritional Information with 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil:
Calories: 670, Fats: 60g, Protein: 31g, Net Carbs: 3g