With vegan keto it’s important to have a protein shake as protein can be a little challenging to acquire when carbs are so low. Protein shakes can be avoided if tofu (or other protein such as Mycoprotein) is increased.
You can also add a tbsp or 2 of coconut oil to add some extra calories and energy. You’ll want to melt it in the microwave first and then add it into the blender while blending to ensure it mixes nicely.
- 1 cup almond milk ((unsweetened))
- 2 Scoops Garden of Life Chocolate Protein Powder ((Sport))
- A few ice cubes
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup coconut oil
- A few cubes coffee ice
- Pour almond milk into a blender along with 2 scoops of the protein powder and a few ice cubes.
- If you are using coconut oil, put it in a separate glass jar and microwave for 45 seconds or until liquefied.
- Turn the blender on and blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- If you using coconut oil, while the mixture is still blending slowly pour the coconut oil into the mixture. It should take about 10 seconds to pour all the coconut oil. This is very important to allow the coconut oil to fully mix into the smoothie and avoid clumping or other unpleasant texture effects.
- Drink straight away, or put in the fridge for tomorrow.
Turn This Into A Mocha Shake
- To make this a mocha shake, simply make a cup of black coffee beforehand, pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze it. Add these ice cubes instead of regular ones to add a nice coffee flavor. Use decaf if you prefer.
The Garden of Life protein powder creates a very nice texture without requiring a banana, although you can try any low carb vegan protein powder.
Nutritional Information (One Serving):
Calories: 200, Fats: 5.5g, Protein: 31g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Category: Drinks
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0