This raspberry and mint granita makes for an easy vegan keto dessert, perfect to have on hand when your require something a little sweet.
This light and refreshing raspberry dessert is topped with a dollop of coconut milk yogurt to add a touch of creaminess to complement the fruit crystals.
This granita will provide three portions, simply cover any remaining granita well and keep in the freezer for up to five days.
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of xylitol
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1–3/4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk yogurt
- Add the raspberries, mint leaves, xylitol and vanilla to a food processor. Blend well to combine.
- Add the water and blend again until everything is well combined.
- Pass the raspberry mixture through a fine sieve into a shallow freezer proof tray or container. Discard any fruit pulp.
- Transfer the tray to a freezer.
- After 30 minutes, use a fork to churn the mixture up, breaking apart any ice crystals that have formed. Return to the freezer then repeat the process every 30 minutes for 2 hours until you have completely frozen crystals.
- Top with a tablespoon of coconut milk yogurt to serve.
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 8.7 mg
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 (Net carbs)
- Protein: 0.4 g