This meal is so simple and is a staple for us. The nutrient-dense broccoli and the light and fully cauliflower rice blend well with the flavors of garlic and oil.
For the Broccoli:
- 1.5 cup broccoli ((chopped into florets))
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic ((crushed))
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt ((to taste))
For the cauliflower rice:
- 1.5 cup Cauliflower ((chopped into florets))
- Put the cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse a few times until it turns into tiny rice sized granules. Put aside.
- Place a pan on medium high heat and pour in 1 tbsp of the olive oil, crushed garlic and pumpkin seeds. Heat for a few minutes to toast the pumpkin seeds and release the flavor of the garlic.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve on immediately with the raw cauliflower rice and drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil over the top of each serving.
Feel free to swap the broccoli out for other low carb vegetables. Sometimes we’ll fry up 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1/2 cup of zucchini with the meal in place of the asparagus. Eat a variety of vegetables in your diet.
Also be generous with the garlic as it functions as the primary flavor. If you want to add/reduce the calories just adjust the added olive oil.
You can also swap out the pumpkin seeds for Hemp Seeds or another seed if you like.
Nutritional Information (One Serving):
Calories: 323, Fats: 29g, Protein: 8g, Net Carbs: 7g
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 323
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0