These chia flaxseed crackers make for a great meal or snack. They are easy, cook quickly and can be stored for use later in the week. A great vegan keto meal.
For The Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 1 small tomato ((chopped into 1cm cubes))
- 1 lime ((juiced))
- 1 garlic clove ((small, crushed))
- 1 tbsp cilantro ((chopped))
For the crackers
- 18 g whole flaxseed
- 25 g ground flaxseed
- 20 g chia seeds
- 0.5 tbsp tamari
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 0.5 cup of water
For The Avocado:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl using a fork until the desired guacamole consistency is reached.
For The Flax Seed Crackers:
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients for the chia seed crackers in a bowl and let the mixture thicken for 15 minutes.
- Warm an oven tray in the oven, remove the tray and line it with baking paper. Press the mixture onto the baking paper, spreading it evenly. Bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until crisp. You may need to adjust the time depending on the oven, but it does take a fair while.
- After 1 hour 40 minutes the cracker mix should be nice and crispy. Now flip the mix over, turn the oven onto fan grill and leave in the oven for another 40 minutes to crisp up the underside. You can increase the heat here in order to reduce the time required, but be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Remove from the oven and cut into 8 crackers.
You can store the crackers in an air tight container in the cupboard and simply put them in the oven for a quick 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information (One serving):
Calories: 286.7, Fats: 20.8g, Protein: 8.6g, Net Carbs: 6.8g
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Serving Size: 0
- Calories: 286.7
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Here is an image of how we spread the cracker mix spread out over the oven tray.