Tofu Spinach Curry (Saag Paneer)
A delicious vegan keto take on an Indian classic, this curry is simple, bursting with flavor and full of nutrition.
For the Tofu
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 300 g tofu
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
For the Spinach Curry:
- 400 g frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1 Tomato
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp crushed ginger
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch long strips. Lay down a cotton tea towel and place the tofu on top. Folder the tea towel over onto the tofu and press down to drain the moisture. Do this for a minute or two, rolling the tofu over once to get all the sides.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on medium high heat and add the tofu. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown stirring frequently.
- In the mean time Add all of the ingredients for the spinach curry into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the garlic to the pan with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and fry for 3 minutes. Add the spinach curry.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes to let the flavors absorb. Serve immediately.