This Asian Sesame Tofu Salad is delicious, flavorsome and seriously keto. The tofu absorbs the flours rice vinegar, sesame and tamari, while the zucchini, cucumber and spinach serve to keep it feeling fresh.
The pumpkin seeds also add a nice crunch.
For the tofu:
- 400 g tofu, extra firm
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1–1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger ((crushed))
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
For the salad:
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 zucchini (sliced into thin strips)
- 1 cucumber (chopped into semi circles)
- Mix 3 tbsp olive oil and all of the tamari, sesame oil, ginger and rice vinegar together in a bowl.
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch long strips and put into a frying pan on medium high heat. Add 1/2 of the dressing to the pan and coat the tofu. Fry for around 10-15 minutes, carefully mixing the pieces around in oil every few minutes with a spatula until the tofu is golden brown. Add the sesame seeds and 1/4 of the dressing to the pan and fry with the tofu for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cucumber to the bowl with the remaining 1/4 of the dressing. Stir carefully for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Heat a small frying pan at medium, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the pumpkin seeds. Fry for a few minutes until toasted.
- Serve the tofu on top of raw spinach leaves, and top with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Be careful when stirring the tofu with the oil as you don’t want it to break.
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 15 g