This deliciously rich risotto uses cauliflower to form a rice base, mixed with veggie stock, almond milk and nutritional yeast to provide a creamy consistency.
The risotto is packed with low carb veggies including asparagus and broccoli for an added nutrient hit and is best served hot straight from the pan!
- 4 small asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 4 broccolini spears, tough ends removed
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of white onion, finely diced
- 1 and 1/4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Add the asparagus and broccolini to a pan of boiling water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Drain and run immediately under cold water. Dice the asparagus into one inch pieces then set aside with the broccolini.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a low/ medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sweat gently until tender.
- Add the cauliflower rice and coconut oil, stirring well to melt the oil.
- Add the lemon juice and stock and bring to a simmer, cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the almond milk and nutritional yeast and stir well to combine.
- Add the broccoli and asparagus to the pan and stir well, cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed and the vegetables are hot through. Serve immediately.
The recipe does not call for salt and pepper as the vegetable stock should provide enough seasoning, however please taste and season to preference if required!
- Calories: 283.1
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 10 g