This breakfast bowl is smooth and creamy, and has the wonderful flavors of blackberry and coconut. A great start to the day. It’s also super easy and quick to prepare.
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix 2 tbsp flaxseed with the water in a cup until the water is absorbed (only needs about 10 seconds).
- Pour most of the blackberries (saving some for garnish), coconut milk, spinach and the flaxseed mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a separate pan fry the coconut flakes for a minute or two on high heat to toast them.
- Pour the berry mixture into two bowls and sprinkle the remaining ground flaxseed on top along with the chia seeds and coconut flakes. Enjoy immediately.
You can store the blackberry mixture in the fridge and use it the next day if you like.
Note this recipe creates two servings.
- Calories: 467
- Fat: 41 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 9 g