This quick and easy vegan keto pizza alternative is a great weekend lunch option served with a side salad or a light dinner served with streamed green veggies.
- 1/3 small cauliflower, sliced as a 1/2 inch thick steak
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of passata (tomato puree)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Add the cauliflower steak to a pan of boiling water and simmer until tender. About 4-5 minutes. Drain away the water and pat any excess moisture off the cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender-about 2 minutes.
- Whilst the onion cooks, spread the passata over the cauliflower steak and sprinkle with the dried oregano.
- Spoon over the cooked onion and garlic and arrange the sliced olives on top.
- Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast and season everything with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil then place on a shallow oven tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until hot through.
This recipe serves as a great base for any of your favorite pizza toppings and a great opportunity to get creative, just be sure to adjust your macros accordingly!
- Calories: 255.5
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 4.1 g