This quick and easy keto pizza alternative is a great weekend lunch option served with a side salad or a light dinner served with streamed green veggies.
The cauliflower is part boiled then oven baked with low carb pizza toppings of passata, sweet red onion, oregano and black olives with the addition of nutritional yeast for a hint of cheese!
- 1/3 small cauliflower, sliced as a 1/2 inch thick steak
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of passata (tomato puree)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- Add the cauliflower steak to a pan of boiling water and simmer until tender. About 4-5 minutes. Drain away the water and pat any excess moisture off the cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender-about 2 minutes.
- Whilst the onion cooks, spread the passata over the cauliflower steak and sprinkle with the dried oregano.
- Spoon over the cooked onion and garlic and arrange the sliced olives on top.
- Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast and season everything with a little salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil then place on a shallow oven tray. Bake for 8-10 minutes until hot through.
This recipe serves as a great base for any of your favorite pizza toppings and a great opportunity to get creative, just be sure to adjust your macros accordingly!
- Calories: 255.5
- Fat: 22.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 4.1 g