This rich and creamy broccoli soup is packed with nutrient dense broccoli and healthy fats from almonds and olive oil. Nutritional yeast is added for a hint of vegan keto cheese flavour and also provides extra protein and vitamin B!
The soup will provide three portions that will keep well in the fridge for up to three days, just reheat thoroughly before serving.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of white onion, roughly chopped
- 2–1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil per serving, to drizzle
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and sweat gently until tender – about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir to coat in the oil and seasonings.
- Add the stock and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer for 5-6 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Whilst the broccoli is cooking, add the almonds, almond milk and nutritional yeast to a blender and blend to combine.
- Transfer the vegetables and stock to the blender and blend until you have a smooth and creamy soup.
- Reheat if required and drizzle with ½ tablespoon of olive oil to serve.
If you would like a little more texture to the soup, reserve some of the cooked broccoli to one side before blending then stir through at the end.
The recipe does not call for any seasoning as the stock should provide enough, however feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
- Calories: 187.9
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 5 g