This low carb take on a classic rice pudding has creamy coconut milk, sweet maple flavored syrup and warming spices.
This is a great healthy dessert option or even breakfast!
- 3/4 cup of cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of lakanto maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Add the cauliflower rice and ground almonds to a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla and syrup. Stir well and bring the mixture up to a simmer.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut oil. Stir well to melt the oil and continue to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until thickened and piping hot through.
Although the recipe calls for low carb syrup, you can swap this for your preference in low carb sweetener.
Try topping with fresh berries or nuts to serve.
- Calories: 308.7
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 8 g