This simple radish soup is loaded with anti-inflammatory curry spices and a creamy coconut broth.
This is a great option for lunches or dinner served with some low carb bread for dipping or even a portion of cauliflower rice.
While it is filling low carb, keep in mind it does not contain very much protein.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 7 oz of radishes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1–1/2 cups of vegetable stock
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sweat gently until tender – about 2 minutes.
- Add the radishes and ground spices. Stir well to combine and let them cook and soften in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stock and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer for 5-6 minutes until the radishes are cooked through and tender.
- Allow to cool a little then transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
The soup makes three portions so can be reheated for further meals.
Optionally scatter with fresh parsley to serve
- Calories: 124.8
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 1 g