These simple yet tasty avocado boats are loaded with a curry spiced slaw and topped with crunchy toasted almonds and aromatic cilantro.
The slaw is perfect for meal prepping as you can prepare a batch in advance and store in the refrigerator for up to four days. The recipe provides 1 serving, however simply multiply the slaw ingredients to suit your needs for multiple servings.
For the slaw
- ½ tablespoon of coconut milk yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup of mixed shredded cabbage
- ½ tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 1 avocado
- ½ tablespoon of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add the yogurt, cumin, coriander, curry powder, lime juice, olive oil and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the cabbage and mix well until coated in the dressing.
- Add the flaked almonds to a dry pan over a low/medium heat and toast gently for a minute or 2 until lightly golden all over.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Divide the slaw between the two avocado halves and scatter over the toasted almonds and coriander to serve.
The slaw is ideal batch prepped for multiple lunches, ready to be added to a fresh sliced avocado but is also great to have on hand to add to salads, or served with vegan keto burgers!
- Calories: 310.6
- Fat: 27.9
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 4.3 g