These fat bomb style breakfast bars are a great way to start the day with a sweet and savory dose of healthful fats. Perfect served with your morning coffee!
Peanut butter is blended with melted coconut oil, coconut, crushed nuts and swirled with a simple raspberry jam then set in the freezer.
These bars will keep well in the in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days.
For the jam
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of lakanto maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of water
For the bars
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of lakanto maple syrup.
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of crushed peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of crushed macadamia nuts
- To prepare the jam, add the raspberries, syrup and water to a small pan. Bring up to a boil and crush the raspberries with the back of a fork. Reduce to a simmer for two to three minutes until you have a jam like consistency. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whilst the jam cools, add the coconut oil, peanut butter and syrup to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the coconut, ground almonds and crushed nuts and stir together well to combine.
- Add the cooled jam to the bowl and loosely fold through the mixture.
- Line a small freezer proof tin or mould with baking paper – roughly around 2.5 x 5 inches.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined mould and transfer to the freezer for 2-3 hours to set. Slice into three bars for serving.
If you cannot tolerate peanuts, almond butter and almonds is a great alternative.
Lakanto syrup has been used to sweeten the recipe but this can be subbed for your preference in low carb liquid sweetener or even a powdered alternative.
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 19.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g