This creamy peanut butter ice cream is the perfect indulgent low carb treat. The ice cream has a coconut milk and peanut butter base and is swirled with an extra thick and fudgy layer of sweet peanut butter sauce.
This ice cream is simple to prepare with no ice cream maker required. Once frozen simply allow to stand and thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
For the ice cream
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the fudgy peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- Place a freezer proof loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- Add the ice cream ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the chilled loaf pan, reserving a 1/2 cup of the mixture in the food processor.
- Add the fudgy peanut sauce ingredients to the food processor with the reserved ice cream mix and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the fudgy sauce over the ice cream mixture in the pan. Transfer the tin to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stir the mixture gently, folding the fudgy sauce into the ice cream. Return to the freezer. Repeat this process every 20 minutes, three more times, breaking up any ice crystals.
- Return the ice cream to the freezer for a further 4/5 hours or until set.
Almond butter would make a suitable alternative to peanuts.
Try topping with fresh berries, a drizzle of lakanto maple syrup or crushed peanuts to serve.
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 10.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3 g
- Protein: 2 g