These sweet and creamy ice lollies make for a refreshingly decadent low carb summer treat – perfect to have on hand in the freezer ready for snacking.
The recipe calls for coconut milk yogurt which can be bought plain from many health food or grocery stores and gives the lollies a creamy consistency. The unsweetened variety is best to keep carbs low, as sugar content of sweetened coconut milk yogurt can quickly get out of hand!
- 3/4 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of water
- 1–1/2 tablespoons of lakanto maple flavored syrup
- 1 cup of coconut milk yogurt (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped/crushed almonds
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add the raspberries to a small pan with the water and half a tablespoon of the lakanto syrup. Mix well to combine.
- Bring the raspberries up to a gentle boil and crush with a fork. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and reduced to a jam consistency. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whilst the jam cools, add the coconut milk yogurt to a mixing bowl along with the vanilla and remaining syrup. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the crushed almonds between 4 ice lolly moulds, tipping them into the base of the moulds.
- Once cooled, add the jam to the coconut yogurt and swirl lightly through.
- Spoon the yogurt mixture into the moulds, filling them to the top. Insert the lolly sticks and transfer to the freezer for 3-4 hours until set.
- Store any uneaten lollies in the freezer for up to 4 days.
The recipe uses a low carb maple flavored syrup to add sweetness but you can substitute this for another keto liquid sweetener or even a powdered sweetener if preferred.
- Calories: 79.7
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.1 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 1.8 g