This low carb take on spaghetti trapanese is loaded with flavor, low carb veggies and healthy fats.
Similar to pesto, trapanese uses toasted almonds in place of pine nuts and has the addition of sweet tomatoes. Our trapanese also includes spinach for an additional nutritional boost.
- 1 tablespoon of blanched almonds
- 3 medium sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled into thick strips
- Add the almonds to a dry pan over a low heat. Toast gently until lightly golden.
- Add the toasted almonds, tomatoes, spinach, basil, garlic, nutritional yeast and salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Slowly add the olive oil a little at a time until well combined and you have a pesto consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Add the zucchini ribbons to a small pan with a teaspoon of water over a low/medium heat.
- Spoon over the trapanese sauce and stir well to coat the zucchini. Heat briefly to warm through until the zucchini is just tender.
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 33.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 6.5 g