This simple but flavor packed taco bowl is a great meal prepping option, perfect for week day lunches.
The tofu is fried and baked until crisp around the edges and served with a simple salsa and paprika cauli rice.
The recipe will provide three portions. The rice, tofu and salsa can all be prepped together and then separated into individual lunch portions, ready to serve with fresh avocado and cilantro.
For the rice
- ½ a tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 packed cup of cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- A pinch of sea salt
For the salsa
- 1 beefsteak tomato
- ½ cup of cucumber, diced
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A generous pinch of sea salt
- 3 small avocados, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over a medium/high heat. Season the tofu with taco seasoning and a pinch of salt and place in the skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden all over.
- Arrange the tofu across a shallow oven tray and transfer to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes until starting to crisp at the edges.
- Whilst the tofu is baking you can prepare the rice. Heat the olive oil in the same skillet over a low heat. Add the garlic and sweat gently until fragrant.
- Add the rice, paprika, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- To assemble the salsa, slice the tomato in half and discard the seeds and pulp. Finely dice the tomato flesh and add to a mixing bowl with the cucumber, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Mix together well to combine.
- Portion the rice, cauliflower and salsa three ways. To serve, arrange in a bowl with the sliced avocado and a scattering of fresh cilantro.
- Calories: 395.5
- Fat: 34.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 11.1 g