This simple curry is rich with tomato sauce, aromatic curry spices, creamy coconut milk yogurt and topped with crunchy almonds.
The recipe calls for coconut milk yogurt to add a thick and creamy consistency to the sauce, however you can substitute this for coconut milk if you prefer.
This is a great option for batch cooking as you can make up a large quantity of the curry sauce for freezing then simply add in freshly cooked tofu and yogurt when reheating.
- 1/2 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ cup of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- 1–¾ ounces of extra firm tofu, diced into half inch cubes
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk yoghurt
- ½ tablespoon of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- Add the flaked almonds to a dry pan over a low/medium heat. Toast gently for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden all over. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a large saucepan over a low/medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sweat gently until tender – about 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and ½ teaspoon of cumin and stir well to combine, cooking gently for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and stir well.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer for 5 minutes to reduce a little.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over a medium/high heat. Lightly dust the tofu with the remaining ground cumin and cook until lightly browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the cauliflower rice and cook briefly for a minute or two just to warm through.
- Add the yogurt to the curry sauce and stir through.
- Tip the cooked tofu into the curry sauce and stir well to coat and heat through.
- Serve the sauce with the cauliflower rice and scatter over the cilantro and toasted almonds to serve.
- Calories: 397.5
- Fat: 34.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.9 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 11.4 g