This keto vanilla protein shake offers some variety to a standard chocolate shake. As with the chocolate version, you can opt to include a tbsp or 2 of coconut oil if you’d like to increase the calorie count a little.
One benefit this one has over the chocolate shake is its net carb count of 2g instead of 3g.
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 Scoops Garden of Life Vanilla Protein Powder (Sport)
- A few ice cubes
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pour almond milk into a blender along with 2 scoops of the protein powder and a few ice cubes.
- If you are using coconut oil, put it in a separate glass jar and microwave for 45 seconds or until liquefied.
- Turn the blender on and blend for approximately 30 seconds.
- If you using coconut oil, while the mixture is still blending slowly pour the coconut oil into the mixture. It should take about 10 seconds to pour all the coconut oil. This is very important to allow the coconut oil to fully mix into the smoothie and avoid clumping or other unpleasant texture effects.
- Drink straight away, or put in the fridge for tomorrow.
The Garden of Life protein powder creates a very nice texture without requiring a banana, although you can try any low carb vegan protein powder. You can also make a delicious “white mocha” shake by adding coffee ice to this recipe as described in the chocolate shake recipe.
- Category: Drinks and Smoothies
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 31 g