These raw vegan tacos use walnuts to create a taco meat filling, blended with roasted bell pepper, tomato and aromatic spices. The tacos are then topped with creamy avocado and coconut milk yogurt for an extra helping of healthy fats.
They are extremely simple, you can whip them up quickly and are perfect for both lunch or dinner!
For the taco meat:
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (about 1.8 oz / 50 g)
- 1/2 a roasted red bell pepper (jarred)
- 1 medium sundried tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cos lettuce leaves
- 1/2 small avocado, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of coconut milk yogurt
- Add the walnuts, roasted pepper, tomato, paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic and salt to a food processor. Pulse to combine, creating a taco meat consistency.
- Divide the walnut taco meat evenly between the two lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the avocado slices on top of the taco meat and spoon over a teaspoon of coconut milk yoghurt. Optionally sprinkle with a little extra paprika to serve.
- To add a hint of cheese flavor to your tacos you could add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Feel free to add some sliced olives or fried zucchini if you have some that you need to use.
- If you like a bit of spice, fresh chili compliments the tacos well.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 121.8 mg
- Fat: 44.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g (Net carbs)
- Protein: 10 g